The Ravenna Campus represents a point of excellence specialising in the study of the preservation, protection and valorisation of cultural heritage, the environment. The Ravenna Campus represents a point of excellence specialising in the study of the preservation, protection and valorisation of cultural heritage, the environment and the promotion of environmental quality, corporate law, relations with countries from Eastern Europe and the Mediterranean and, more recently, town and country planning.t and the promotion of environmental quality, corporate law, relations with countries from Eastern Europe and the Mediterranean and, more recently, town and country planning.
Students who opt to come to study in Ravenna will find a small campus on a human scale, one that is calm and peaceful, but rich in cultural stimuli and opportunities to exchange experiences at an international level. The limited numbers of students mean that the teacher/student ratio is practically ‘one-to-one’.
The large number of tutors and relatively young age of the teaching body (made up mostly of academics building their scientific and academic careers); the impressive laboratory facilities and modern technological equipment; the ample logistical resources; and the strong motivation of the technical-administrative staff, all make the decentralised campuses of the University of Bologna the ideal places to continue one’s academic training after leaving secondary education.
But why choose Ravenna?
There are many reasons for doing so, but we consider five to be of particular importance.
- The prestigious books and most up-to-date magazines available in the university libraries: the library of the Faculty for the Preservation of Cultural Heritage and the Department of History and Methods of Preserving Cultural Heritage; the library of the Laurea Degree Course in Environmental Science; and the library of the Department of Archaeology – Ravenna section.
- There is also a wide range of study rooms and library services offered by the local city libraries: the ‘Classense’ library, the ‘Biblioteca dell'Ente Casa Oriani’, the ‘Emeroteca’, the Multi-media library, and the Audio-video library .
- Then there is the availability, expertise and friendliness of the staff of the Student Registry Office, and of the Public Relations Office (U.R.P.), two genuine intelligent interfaces with the university system; reception points for matriculations and services for students enrolled for subsequent years, on second-level degree courses, masters degree courses, and research doctorates.
- Services provided by the ‘Fondazione Flaminia’, in conjunction with the city council, range from accommodation to cultural and recreational activities (tickets for theatrical shows), to study grants and work placements (in conjunction with the ‘Museo Città di Ravenna’ and the ‘Fondazione Ravennantica’).
- The University Sports Centre (C.U.S.B.) and student associations are places for meeting and socialising, where sporting activities (diving, sailing, canoeing, etc.) give students the chance to enjoy highly-stimulating and formative life experiences.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank all those – young people, families, teachers, researchers, technical-administrative staff – who have placed their trust in us by choosing Ravenna as their place of study or work, and we hope they enjoy a fruitful academic year, satisfying and full of rewarding experiences, and we say a sincere ‘good luck’ to all future Ravenna graduates.